EcoBuild is the largest showcase of sustainable construction products anywhere, exhibiting at the Excel Arena in London between the 5th-7th March. There’s a huge variety of things to see and do including; attractions, conferences, speakers and seminar sessions.
I have picked out some of the key seminars which might be of interest to you- im certainly going to try and make it to as many as i can;
- Energy made at home: Low energy heating and the renewable heat incentive (7th March)
- Starting points: Simple and effective tweaks to drive down energy use in existing buildings (6th March)
- Health and indoor air quality (7th March)
- Responsible water use – demand management and the design and maintenance of water recycling systems (6th March)
- Successfully designing and building to Passivhaus standards (7th March)
- The Green Deal: From debate to delivery (5th March)
- Green deal or no deal? (6th March)
- Passiv vs Active (5th March)
- Designing more productive environments (6th March)
- New Eco materials, latest innovations (6th March)
- Sustainable interior lighting design and new technologies (7th March)
- New developments in solar technologies (5th March)
- Models for community energy (6th March)
Attractions include the EcoBuild Arena, Green Shoots, Future Materials Gallery, The Green Deal Terrace and the Solar Hub, to name but a few.
One key attraction will be the 9m tall Waste Totem pole which has been created by friends and local Architects BBM. The Waste Totem is made from recycled Ply and Timber from building sites together with lightweight sheet material collected from previous exhibitions at the Excel Arena and decorated with second hand paint. The totem will be decorated with slogans in answer to the question ‘what is the future of waste?’
Wow – so much to do and as ever so little time – It looks its going to be another great exhibition with lots of exciting new ideas and concepts; can you really afford to miss it?