Mid to Senior Level Interior Architect/Designer – Commercial Experience
Oliver Heath Design are passionate about health, wellbeing, and sustainability in the built environment.
As part of a small cross-functional team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented mid to senior level interior architect/designer to head up an exciting variety of projects from concept to completion – across workplace and hospitality sectors.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with our research team to incorporate Biophilic Design strategies within our projects
- Generating fee proposals for new projects
- Developing concept and detail designs for a varied range of project briefs
- Developing spatial planning and layouts of public areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- Creating material palettes and mood boards
- Producing detailing, documentation, FF&E selection, specification, and procurement
- Producing of 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- Delivering full tender packages
- Leading client meetings and presentations throughout projects
- Contributing to creation of content and news articles for the OHD website
Skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering on high standard interior architectural projects from concept to completion – and across a range of sectors
- 5 + years’ on-site experience - including undertaking measured and photographic surveys
- Proficiency of working with Vectorworks (preferably both 2D and 3D, or alternatively Sketchup) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with confidence in working with clients, core partners, suppliers, and contractors
- Good technical knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical consultants, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
- Great organisation skills, resilient to pressure
- Good hand drawing skills
Skills to impress:
- A passion for human-centred design, wellbeing, and sustainability
- Good knowledge of both indoor and outdoor planting
- Understanding of, and contacts with, industry suppliers
- Location: Brighton, UK (office-based/hybrid)
- Contract type: Full/part time or freelance considered.
- Reporting to: Director, Oliver Heath
- Salary Range: Based on experience
- Start Date: October/ November 2022
At Oliver Heath Design we are committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We aim to ensure our recruitment process is fair and free of bias, and our workplace environment is inclusive, positive, and supportive of staff wellbeing.
References will be required, and applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applicants, unfortunately we will be unable to respond to every candidate.