Oliver Heath Design are researchers, designers and advocates for health and wellbeing in the built environment. We are thought leaders in the field of Biophilic Design creating content that inspires the design community and spaces that transform the lives of occupants. We are currently looking for a junior researcher/ copywriter to help create content for an exciting and varied set of projects.
Location - Brighton (largely office-based)
Position type - 4 to 5 days a week
Salary - dependent on experience £21,000 to £26,000 pro rata
Contract duration - 6 months with the possibility of extending to one year
Role and Responsibilities
- Researching subjects related to sustainability in the built environment - covering both carbon and human centered design with particular emphasis on wellbeing and Biophilic Design.
- Sourcing research studies to inform and enrich content.
- Working with our Senior Researcher and/or Director to develop design concepts informed by research and translating these concepts into written content.
- Writing concise, accessible content for white papers, articles, blogs and case studies.
- Case study content creation - undertaking interviews with designers/architects/ occupiers to create qualitative commentary on design for the built environment.
- Contributing to the development and creation of online training courses.
- Developing seminars and workshops based on written content using PowerPoint.
- Contributing to design submissions/reports with evidence-based content to support design proposals.
- Editorial activity and proof-reading content.
- Sourcing imagery and permissions to support content.
- Contributing to social media output alongside marketing manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1 year minimum written content creation
- Educated to Degree level in relevant subjects such as Design/Psychology/Ecology
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Design tools such as InDesign to create media and written content presentations
- In depth understanding in interior design/architecture/health & wellbeing and environmental issues
- Website management skills for uploading content such as blogs and case studies
- Good communication and creative thinking skills
- Excellent time management
Send CV and examples of written content to: