Oliver’s long standing media career has made him a well-known and well-regarded figure within the built environment industry as well as UK households.
As an experienced public speaker, he is able to communicate about sustainable design and lifestyles in an accessible and approachable way. His style is both authoritative and authentic, often citing examples from his own life and work as ways of embracing and tackling the challenges that we face.
Our work is disseminated through a variety of channels - from television, social media, radio and podcasts, to public speaking at events, to blog posts, articles and books. As such, we reach a broad audience, from the general public to multinational companies and esteemed institutions, helping each to understand why human-centred and regenerative design is so important and how it can improve their spaces.
We work with
The Benefits of Our Approach to Advocacy
Our team’s unique combination of specialisms - designing healthy spaces, research and consultancy and media and advocacy - means that we can speak and write from vast experience of putting research findings into practice.
This complete approach, combined with Oliver’s broad media experience, social media reach, background in creating sustainable homes and advocating for Biophilic Design, perfectly positions us as an authoritative voice in the field of sustainable, human-centred design.
Our aim is to transform the built environment into a healthier place for people and the planet. Knowledge sharing and education is an important aspect of this - delivered through our courses, presentations, workshops, seminars, reports and research papers.
Our Media and Advocacy Skills
With an established media profile, Oliver offers broadcasting, public speaking and editorial skills for a variety of live and pre-recorded activities
Hosting & Presenting: Oliver has hosted numerous events and award ceremonies across a variety of industry sectors over the years, bringing a sense of occasion with warmth and charm. From developing scripts to managing the stage, participants and audience his approach will bring a steady, experienced hand to your event.
Past award ceremonies include The Pea awards, the Sunday Times British Homes awards, The Edie awards, Resource Revolution awards and the K&B awards.
He has also hosted a number of live and online events panel debates, engaging thought leaders in discussion around sustainable design and wellbeing. This includes events for the likes of Interface, Schneider electric, Blue Air, V-Zug and is also a regular fixture at the annual Planted Cities exhibition in London.
Other media and advocacy skills include:
- TV, Radio, Podcasts & Interviews: Oliver has had extensive media experience and training since 1998, working for the likes of the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel. Alongside this are regular interviews for both printed and online media. This wealth of experience allows us to offer expert speaker appearances for terrestrial & online productions as main presenter, participant, or voice over.
- Spokesperson & Social Media Campaign Figurehead: We can communicate innovation, excellence & research studies to both industry professionals or the general public. Oliver and the OHD team have worked for numerous well known brands across a range of sectors including architectural products and finishes, automotive, domestic energy, furniture, food and drink, horticulture, sustainability, technology, and real estate.
- Brand Ambassador: Oliver can act as a public or industry-facing ambassador for brands that share a like minded sustainable and wellbeing ethos. Services for past clients have included the delivery of talks, seminars and workshops, RIBA accredited CPDs, hosting of events and awards, design of experiential spaces and exhibitions.
- Writing: We can provide thought leadership content and comment for a range of publications based on extensive knowledge and expertise in the subjects of sustainable and regenerative design, lifestyle and the built environment. Content provided for past clients includes blogs, articles, white papers and books.
- Event Presentation: Oliver has extensive experience in hosting live events and award ceremonies across a range of sectors. We can be retained to host & deliver activities at a variety of events, trade shows, award ceremonies, etc.
To enquire about media and advocacy proposals please contact Oliver’s agent ...
“Oliver has been an integral part of the P.E.A. Awards evolution over the last decade. His charismatic, witty yet intelligent approach to presenting the awards has always brought an inspirational, engaging warmth to our audience. We will continue to involve Oliver in more events in the future.”Jarvis Smith Founder, P.E.A. Awards