Last Update: 24/07/2018
At Oliver Heath Design we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2018. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
Oliver Heath Design is a sustainable architecture and interior design practice, focused on improving health and wellbeing in the build environment. We specialise in creating more productive, happier, and healthier spaces to live and work in, by improving the human connections to nature,
Who is responsible for my information?
Oliver Heath Design is responsible for the collection, processing, storage and safe keeping of any information provided by an individual on this website. The information provided will be managed in accordance with relevant legislation.
When do we collect personal data about you?
We collect personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our website.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data for many reasons, including but not limited to:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. Marketing communications may include; information about our products and services, events, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. All communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Follow up on incoming requests, such as, customer support, emails, chats or phone calls.
- Providing mentoring or advice to groups or individuals on topics involving biophilic design.
- Contact you to conduct research such as surveys and interviews.
- Support human resources and administrative functions, such as processing payments and recruiting staff.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Consent will be required from individuals to process your data. Consent will be obtained via “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent provided by the individual. This applies to our e-newsletters and other mailing list activities. All data will be stored and documented in our systems.
Personal information is used to fulfil our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Personal data may be used if it is considered to be of legitimate interested and if the privacy interest of the data subjects do not override this interest.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect the following types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you:
When individuals contact us about receiving information about our products and services, or when you apply to work for us, Oliver Heath Design requires you to provide personal contact information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Company name
- Email address
- Work and/or home address
- Phone number
- Credit card information
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our services and to improve and customise the service we offer.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our websites at any time, through your device settings.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal data will be stored for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected. Our internal policy and governance procedures describe the maximum amount of time we will keep your data; these are available on request.
Your rights to your personal data
Your rights to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data as supplied by Oliver Heath Design.
- The right to request Oliver Heath Design corrects your personal data if it is inaccurate or outof date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased from our systems when it is no longernecessary for Oliver Heath Design to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent of the use of personal data processing at any time.
- Your personal data may still be used if it is considered to be of legitimate interest.
- You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these pieces of communication from us by following the “unsubscribe” link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us directly.
- The right to request that Oliver Heath Design provides you with your personal data and,where possible, pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another datacontroller (when processing is based on consent or contract).
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- Except where data processing is based on contracts, legitimate interest and vital interest.
- The right to request to not be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
Visiting our Website
At Oliver Heath Design we currently only use Google Analytics cookies to collect information as you navigate the company’s websites.
What are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps websites you visit to remember information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other settings, to make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
Cookies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to prevent and detect security threats and abuse. For more information on the data we have obtained from you using cookies please contact us directly.
Third Party Cookies
Third party cookies are not used by Oliver Heath Design.
Do we share your data with anyone?
In most circumstances we will not disclose your personal information without consent, except where we are required to do so by law.
We may disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
How to contact us
At Oliver Heath Design we are happy to answer any questions you have about how we are using your data. If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, please contact us using the following information:
Oliver Heath Design
55 Upper North Street
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you have contacted Oliver Heath Design and remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision.
The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
Each individual German state has a Data Protection Authority which is responsible for the enforcement of data protection laws and competent in respect of data controllers established in the relevant state
Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (ico.org.uk)