Global Experts in Biophilic Design
& its benefits to health & well being
Oliver Heath Design is a sustainable architecture and interior design practice focused on improving health and well being in the built environment. We specialise in creating more productive, happier and healthier spaces to live and work in, by improving the human connections to nature.
How can we help you?
- Design Services: We offer full interior and architectural design services benefiting a range of spaces including workplace, hospitality education, exhibitions, residential & retail environments.
- Consultancy: We offer industry expertise & insightful research based services including trend forecasting, seminars, workshops, pre & post-occupancy studies on Biophilic Design & well being.
- TV, Media & Communications: With an established media profile – working with the BBC, Channel 4 & National Geographic Channel – Oliver is able to deliver broadcasting, public speaking and editorial skills for a variety of live and pre-recorded activities.
- Product Design: Oliver Heath Design works with existing brands to develop new products for domestic & commercial environments, that enhance sustainability, health and wellbeing.
How we improve spaces
Heath Design’s human centred design incorporates Biophilic Design principles to deliver tangible and financial benefits to the triple bottom line of people, planet and profits.
Biophilic design uses human’s innate attraction to nature and natural processes to improve the many spaces we live and work in. Key aspects include improving natural light, improving views onto nature, incorporating natural materials textures patterns, ventilating spaces and creating restorative spaces.
Through strengthening the human connection with nature we can deliver significant benefits to the health and well being of the many spaces we live and work in with a research led approach and demonstrable results.
What spaces can be improved:
Using Biophilic Design principles our research indicates improvements to:
- Office design: productivity can be increased by 8%, rates of well-being up by 13%, increases in creativity, with reduced absenteeism and presenteeism
- Hospitality design: Guests willing to pay 23% more for rooms with views of Biophilic elements
- Education spaces: increased rates of learning 20-25%, improved test results, concentration levels and attendance, reduced impacts of ADHD
- Healthcare spaces: post-operative rates of recovery reduced by 8.5%, reduced pain medication by 22%
- Retail: increased numbers of visitors, plus improved sales and an extended duration of visit per customer
- Homes: can become more calming, restorative, invigorating and energy efficient with improved overall health & well-being