We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented designer to join our Brighton based team at Oliver Heath Design. Applicants must have at least 8 years of experience working on high standard interior architectural projects from concept to completion – this is not a suitable role for a recent graduate. You will be heading up an exciting variety of projects including workplace, hospitality, domestic and education sectors within a small team.
At Oliver Heath Design we are passionate about health, wellbeing and sustainability in the built environment and you will regularly work in collaboration with our research team to incorporate Biophilic Design strategies within our interior’s projects. A passion for human centred design and sustainability would be very desirable.
We would like to see evidence of work within a range of different project types across a variety of sectors since every project with us is different.
Full time contract, to commence January 2020. Salary based on candidate experience.
- Develop concept and detail designs for multiple projects
- Development of spatial planning, and layouts of all public areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- Development of material palettes and mood boards
- Development of detailing, documentation, FF&E selection, specification and procurement
- Production of 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- Ability to produce full tender packages
- Work collaboratively with technical consultants, project manager, engineers and other stakeholders
- Lead client meetings and presentations throughout projects
- Develop design consultancy reports for a variety of clients internationally with a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Develop fee proposals for new projects
- Guide and manage junior members of the team
Your skills and experience
- Proficiency of working with Vectorworks (preferably both 2D and 3D though sketchup can be used for 3D work instead) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive experience in high standard interior projects across a range of sectors
- Great technical knowledge
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills and confident facing clients, core partners, suppliers and contractors
- On site experience
- Great organising skills, resilient to pressure
- Proven track experience of designing and delivering built projects
- Fantastic hand drawing skills
Desirable attributes, interests and skills
- A passion for human centred design and sustainability
- Good knowledge of both indoor and outdoor planting
- Good knowledge and contacts with industry suppliers
- Be based in or in close proximity to Brighton as we don’t work remotely.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only apply for the position described above.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every candidate